The latest information from the Office of the Assemblies can be found on the Dashboard.
Opperman Award for Staff Advocacy
OPPERMAN AWARD FOR STAFF ADVOCACY The Staff Recognition & Award Committee (SRAC) of the Employee Assembly and the Office of Human Resources value and recognize outstanding leadership in being an active voice for the staff via the Employee Assembly Opperman Award for Staff Advocacy (OASA).
Nominees must have a demonstrable history at Cornell of:
- Treating their staff members or staff colleagues with fairness, respect and dignity at all times
- Being an extraordinary advocate for the wellbeing of staff with university, division, department or college leadership
- Fostering a positive environment where staff at all levels know they are valued and appreciated contributors to Cornell and its mission
- Fostering an environment where employees can freely express their ideas, opinions, and concerns
- Creating or encouraging a culture which allows staff to thrive both at home and in the workplace
- Consistently demonstrating commitment to encouraging, advocating for and supporting staff excellence
- Creating or promoting an environment where staff of all backgrounds feel they are valued and belong
Forms and Application