The latest information from the Office of the Assemblies can be found on the Dashboard.
Spring 2016 Employee Elected Trustee
On this page… (hide)
Information on this page is for the Spring 2016 election for the Employee Elected Trustee. The term is for four years, June 2016 - June 2020. The Employee Elected Trustee Election is administered by the Office of the Assemblies on behalf of the Trustee Nominating Committee.
Of the 9424 eligible voters, 1307, or 13.86%, voted in this election
Number of total ballots: 1307
Number of invalid or empty ballots: 3
Number of ballots used in the count: 1304
5 candidate running for 1 seats.
Chad Coates: 345
Joe Burke: 233
Michael Hint: 129
Renee Alexander: 272
Tamara Payne: 325
Chad Coates: 384
Joe Burke: 281
Renee Alexander: 283
Tamara Payne: 348
Chad Coates: 504
Renee Alexander: 362
Tamara Payne: 413
Chad Coates: 731
Tamara Payne: 517
Winner is Chad Coates 731 votes (count after all candidates were eliminated, and votes transferred)
Only employees of Cornell University that will remain an employee for the duration of the Employee Elected Trustee’s term (June 2016 - June 2020) are eligible to be candidates for the Spring 2016 Employee Trustee election. Each person who wishes to be a candidate in these elections, must complete the following requirements before noon on Thursday, 24 March 2016:
- Read the Trustee Nominating Committee election rules (available below).
- Complete the online registration form. Link to Form
- Attend one of the two information sessions:
- Tuesday, 15 March 2016 12:00pm - 1:00pm in 163 Day Hall
- Wednesday, 16 March 2016 4:30pm - 5:30pm in 316 Day Hall
- Gather 100 valid, distinct signatures using the petition form (available below). We recommend you collect at least 150. Any employee of Cornell University may sign your petition (even if they are not be eligible to run). There is no limit to the amount of signatures you may submit. Submit your petition forms to the Office of the Assemblies (109 Day Hall) by the registration deadline (noon on Thursday, 24 March 2016).
- Attend the mandatory educational meeting on Monday, 28 March 2016 @ 12pm rm 327 CCC building.
- Attend the mandatory campaigning meeting on Tuesday, 29 March 2016 @ 12pm in rm 163 Day Hall
- Submit the candidate Expense Report to the Office of the Assemblies before the end of the voting period, even if you have no expenses.