The latest information from the Office of the Assemblies can be found on the Dashboard.
Spring 2017 Undergraduate Student Elected Trustee
On this page… (hide)
Information on this page is for the Spring 2017 election for the Undergraduate Student Elected Trustee. There are two student elected trustees, one undergraduate (elected in odd years) and one graduate/professional (elected in even years, that each serve a staggered two-year term. Elections are administered by the Office of the Assemblies on behalf of the Trustee Nominating Committee.
Student Elected Trustee
Of the 21,001 eligible voters, 4,591, or 21.86%, voted in this election.
The following election was conducted via a ranked Hare System.
- Method: IRV
- Number of total ballots: 4591
- Number of invalid or empty ballots: 12
- Number of ballots used in the count: 4571
- 5 candidates running for 1 seat.
Round 1 Tabulation
- Caleb Sturman: 163
- Dustin Liu: 2623
- Jimmy Putko: 866
- Oliva Corn: 633
- Lauren Goldstein: 294
Round 2 Tabulation
- Dustin Liu: 2675
- Jimmy Putko: 895
- Oliva Corn: 666
- Lauren Goldstein: 320
Round 3 Tabulation
- Dustin Liu: 2816
- Jimmy Putko: 979
- Oliva Corn: 729
Round 4 Tabulation
- Dustin Liu: 3086
- Jimmy Putko: 1259
Winner is: Dustin Liu 3086 votes (count after all candidates were eliminated, and votes transferred)
Only undergraduate students that will remain a student for the duration of the Student Elected Trustee’s term (2017–2019) on the Ithaca campus are eligible to be candidates for the Spring 2017 Student Trustee election. Graduate and Professional students will be eligible in next year’s election. Each person who wishes to be a candidate in these elections, must complete the following requirements before noon on Thursday, 16 February 2017:
- Read the Trustee Nominating Committee election rules (available below).
- Complete the online registration form. Link to Form
- Attend one of the two information sessions:
- Wednesday, 1 February 2017 5:00pm-6:00pm in G64 Goldwin-Smith Hall
- Tuesday, 7 February 2017 5:00pm-6:00pm in G01 Biotechnology Building
- Gather 200 valid, distinct signatures using the petition form (available below). We recommend you collect at least 250, as petitions will be checked against the official role. Any student who will be eligible to vote in the election may sign your petition (even if they are not be eligible to run). In this election, candidates may collect signatures from both undergraduate and graduate/professional students. There is no limit to the amount of signatures you may submit. Submit your petition forms to the Office of the Assemblies (109 Day Hall) by the registration deadline (noon on Thursday, 16 February 2017).
- Attend the mandatory educational meeting on Wednesday, 22 February 2017 4:00pm-5:00pm in 327 CCC Building (University Counsel Conference Room).
- Attend the mandatory campaigning meeting on Thursday, 23 February 2017 5:00pm-6:00pm in 316 Day Hall (Day Hall Boardroom).
- Submit the candidate Expense Report to the Office of the Assemblies before the end of the voting period, even if you have no expenses.