For assembly actions from the current year, please use our new Assemblies Dashboard.
Apply for Funds
(redirected from GPSAFC.ApplyingForFunds)
If your organization has not yet submitted its initial request it may do so on a rolling basis and it will be considered on the same timeline as a special project request (see below).
Follow these steps to obtain an initial annual budget for your organization:
- Register your organization. Your organization must register with the Student Activities Office in order to be eligible to apply for or spend SAFC funds. Complete registration takes several business days and involves submitting signed forms so you should well before you plan to start your application.
- Start planning your budget before the semester starts. If you plan to seek GPSAFC funding, start planning your budget before you proceed with the application. Especially if you are new to the process, see Helpful Resources below, particularly the GPSAFC Funding Guidelines for detailed information on what you can apply for and how the process works.
- Complete the online application. All groups must submit a new annual budget each year. Budget requests are submitted via the OrgSync (the same site where groups are registered). Deadlines apply, so please review the GPSAFC calendar for information on this semester’s deadline. The online application includes the following:
- Approval of each president, treasurer, and adviser listed in the registration by digital signature of the Statement on Ethical Conduct
- Creating the budget request itself and adding appropriate items to the budget
Deadlines are as follows:
- Special projects: Friday before the next scheduled GPSAFC meeting date, by 4:00 pm.
- Summer: Last Friday in April, by 4:00 pm.
Summer and Special Project Requests are also submitted on OrgSync. SPRs and Summer budgets can only be submitted once a group has been fully registered and an annual budget has been submitted and approved. The same approvals that are required for annual budgets—adviser, treasurer, and president—must also be recorded on SPRs and summer budgets before they will be considered fully submitted.
Willard Straight Hall Main Lobby
Ithaca, NY 14853
ph. (607) 255–9610
fx. (607) 255–1116