Apply for Funds
(redirected from GPSAFC.ApplyingForFunds)
If your organization has not yet submitted its initial request it may do so on a rolling basis and it will be considered on the same timeline as a special project request (see below).
Follow these steps to obtain an initial annual budget for your organization:
- Register your organization. Your organization must register with the Student Activities Office in order to be eligible to apply for or spend SAFC funds. Complete registration takes several business days and involves submitting signed forms so you should well before you plan to start your application.
- Start planning your budget before the semester starts. If you plan to seek GPSAFC funding, start planning your budget before you proceed with the application. Especially if you are new to the process, see Helpful Resources below, particularly the GPSAFC Funding Guidelines for detailed information on what you can apply for and how the process works.
- Complete the online application. Your organization must apply online each academic year that you wish to receive funding. A presentation from the annual funding workshop explains how to use this application. Deadlines apply, so please review the GPSAFC calendar for information on this semester’s deadline. The online application includes the following:
- Approval of each president, treasurer, and advisor listed in the registration by digital signature of the Statement on Ethical Conduct
- Creating the budget request itself and adding appropriate items to the budget
- Approval of each president, treasurer, and advisor listed in the registration by digital signature of the budget request
Deadlines are as follows:
- Special projects: Friday before the next scheduled GPSAFC meeting date, by 4:00 pm.
- Summer: Last Friday in April, by 4:00 pm.
Follow these steps to obtain a summer budget or add funds to your organization’s current budget through the year:
After your organization receives its annual allocation, it may periodically apply for additional funding for special projects or summer events that occur after the end of the current academic year but before the start of the next academic year. Use the following form to apply:
Submit signed form to Terry Ector, 520 Willard Straight Hall.
Willard Straight Hall Main Lobby
Ithaca, NY 14853
ph. (607) 255–9610
fx. (607) 255–1116