The latest information from the Office of the Assemblies can be found on the Dashboard.
Student Staff Position Description: Assemblies Clerk
The Office of Assemblies of Cornell University seeks motivated students to serve as clerks for campus governance assemblies and committees in a team-oriented office environment. There is possibility for continuing employment over several years. Each clerk is assigned primary responsibility to one or two assemblies but may provide backup support on occasion for other assemblies.
Under direction of office staff, clerks have the following responsibilities:
- Provide staff support for assemblies meetings before and after according to office-supplied checklist. Typical tasks include:
- Copy and file materials for regular meetings and any special meetings that occur.
- Take attendance and prepare draft minutes meetings.
- Record and file audio record of meetings. Perform any editing necessary to meet university pod-casting guidelines.
- Pull, copy, and file materials as needed in support of assembly activities, including committee requests.
- Prepare materials for new assembly members, and special activities.
- Provide support to other staff in office with remaining time.
- Attend monthly student staff meeting and participate in collaborative planning and problem-solving discussions.
Must have excellent listening and English comprehension skills. Position also requires strong organizational skills, punctuality, reliability, and ability to operate independently. Must be proficient in typing. Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, or comparable software.
Required Work Schedule
Regular hours are flexible, but should fall between 9:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday. Must be able to attend most regularly scheduled meetings of the assembly to which assigned. Candidates should indicate which of these meetings they will generally be available to attend:
- SA: 4:00PM - 6:30PM, every Thursday
- GPSA: 5:00PM - 7:00PM, every other Monday
- EA: 12:00PM - 1:30PM, every other Wednesday
- UA: 4:30PM - 6:30PM, on Tuesday once or twice each month
- Select committees as assigned, especially UA committees. Meeting times vary.
Salary and band
Recruiting range is $7.75-$8.25 per hour, with opportunities for salary improvement commensurate with experience and performance. Cornell JAWS classification is: Student Administrative Assistant II.
109 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
ph. (607) 255—3715