The deadline for Spring 2014 expenses is Friday, May 9, 2014. Funds remaining unspent after this deadline revert to the commission. Certain requests, particularly direct payment authorization for durable goods orders and publication production must be received by Friday, April 11, 2014.
- You must have an account with SAFC. In order to initiate any financial transaction, you must have an account with the SAFC. You will have such an account if:
- you have applied for AND received SAFC funds within the last two semesters; or,
- you have applied for AND received funding for a coorganized event in the current semester.
- You must have funds in the account that are eligible for the expense. Funds allocated to your organization’s account by the SAFC are restricted to particular categories of expenses (see the SAFC Funding Guidelines for details). Your organization may additionally have unrestricted funds transferred into your SAFC account. Unlike SAFC allocated funds, unrestricted funds will remain in your organization’s account after the semester ends and may be spent on any expense that is permitted under university finance rules.
- Spend allocated funds before they revert. Funds allocated by SAFC have an expiration date set in the SAFC calendar. If you wait too long, the funds will revert to SAFC for use on other projects and will no longer be available for your organization to cover older expenses.
- You must submit a payment request to the SAFC Accounts rep, located in 520 Willard Straight Hall. The forms are available as fillable PDF documents and you must fill them out electronically before you print them. Handwritten entries are permitted only for fields that are not fillable electronically. Documents with handwritten entries will be returned to the submitter unprocessed.
Use these forms to request reimbursement and payment:
Direct Payment Authorization
Performer Reimbursement and Payment Request
Student Travel Addendum
Daily Sun Advertisement Authorization
Sports Official Contract
Use the following form to report expenses that come in under budget do to unforeseen circumstances. Refer to the funding guidelines for detailed information.