(redirected from SAFC.SpendingFunds)
The deadline for spring 2013 expenses is Monday, 6 May 2013. Funds remaining unspent after this deadline revert to the commission. Certain requests, particularly durable goods orders and publication production must be received by Friday, 12 April 2013.
- You must have an account with SAFC. In order to initiate any financial transaction, you must have an account with the SAFC. You will have such an account if:
- you have applied for AND received SAFC funds within the last two semesters; or,
- you have applied for AND received funding for a coorganized event in the current semester.
- You must have funds in the account that are eligible for the expense. Funds allocated to your organization’s account by the SAFC are restricted to particular categories of expenses (see the SAFC Funding Guidelines for details). Your organization may additionally have unrestricted funds transferred into your SAFC account. Unlike SAFC allocated funds, unrestricted funds will remain in your organization’s account after the semester ends and may be spent on any expense that is permitted under university finance rules.
- Spend allocated funds before they revert. Funds allocated by SAFC have an expiration date set in the SAFC calendar. If you wait too long, the funds will revert to SAFC for use on other projects and will no longer be available for your organization to cover older expenses.
- You must submit a payment request at the Willard Straight Hall Resource Center, located in the Main Lobby of the Straight. The forms are available as fillable PDF documents and you must fill them out electronically before you print them. Handwritten entries are permitted only for fields that are not fillable electronically. Documents with handwritten entries will be returned to the submitter unprocessed.
Use these forms to request payment and reimbursement:
- Reimbursement Request (instructions)
- Request reimbursement for expenses incurred out of pocket by individual, organization, or university department.
- Direct Payment Authorization (instructions)
- Obtain approval in advance for the university to pay directly for future expenses to be incurred by the organization.
- Performer Reimbursement and Payment Request (instructions)
- Request reimbursement and/or payment of individuals who perform services for the organization.
- Student Travel Addendum (instructions)
- Addendum required for any payment request related to student travel, specifically SAFC Travel Event expenses.
- Daily Sun Advertisement Authorization (instructions)
- Obtain authorization for a Daily Sun advertisement to publicize one of the events of the organization.
Where a contract is required, we recommend you use one of the following generic forms. If the vendor requires you to use a different contract, we recommend that you consult with the Student Activities Office for advice on things to look out for before you sign anything.
- Catering Contract
- This form must be completed before any catering services are rendered to the organization unless the caterer has provided its own contract or detailed invoice.
- Sports Official Contract
- The Club Sport Official Contract Form must be completed before any sports officials’ services are rendered to an organization.
- Engagement Agreement
- The Engagement Agreement Form is a generic contract for performers and speakers.
Use the following form to report expenses that come in under budget do to unforeseen circumstances. Refer to the funding guidelines for detailed information.