For assembly actions from the current year, please use our new Assemblies Dashboard.
July 17, 2009 Meeting
On this page… (hide)
- I. Call to Order
- II. Discussed unfilled faculty position (appointment by Faculty Senate)
- III. Consideration of Letter to the Exec Comm of the UA (attached) to accompany Revolving Loan Fund resolution (attached)
- IV. Consideration of USC Recolution for Sustainability 3.1 (attached)
- V. New Business
- VI. Old Business
- VII. Adjourn
University Sustainability Committee Meeting
Friday, July 17, 2009
Office of the Director of CCSF
The meeting was called to order at 12:05 p.m.
Present: Frank DiSalvo, Fil Eden, Jeannine Crouse, Dan Roth, Martin Hatch; Fred Cowett (after 12:45 pm) Excused: Robert Bland
Current membership and contact addresses for committee are as follows:
- Fil Eden SA (wje6)
- Fred Cowett GPSA (fdc2)
- Frank DiSalvo fac fjd3 (5–7238)
- Dan Roth EA dnr6 (4–8077)
- Martin Hatch UA (mfh2)
- Jeannine Crouse EA (jc2298)
- Robert Bland OEC&S (rrb2)
The following will be approached in the order listed by either FD or MH:
- Zelman Warhaft (FD)
- Phil McMichael (FD)
- Antonio Bento (MH)
- Katherine McComas (FD)
- Tim Mount (MH)
- Norm Scott (MH)
- Jack Eliott (FD)
- Jerry Cherney (tba)
- Ying Hua (tba)
III. Consideration of Letter to the Exec Comm of the UA (attached) to accompany Revolving Loan Fund resolution (attached)
Dan Roth and Fil Eden will rework both the letter and the resolution to reflect the need to prioritize support for the campus-wide sustainability projects that are undertaken by Utilities and Energy Management. Several amendments to the letter and the resolution were suggested and noted by Roth and Eden. Revised versions will be circulated to the committee between 7/17 and the next USC meeting.
- Reformulate the third Whereas to read, in toto : “Whereas the University in response to unprecedented financial circumstances has begun a strategic planning initiative, with leadership from the office of the President and the Provost.”
- Reduce the number of members of the Sustainability Task Force and increase the proportion of “stakeholders” in relation to central administrators.
Next meeting, either Tuesday 11 August or Wednesday 12 August at noon in Frank DiSalvo’s office at CSF, depending on the availability of Lanny Joyce (energy conservation) to attend and present to the committee. Dan Roth will arrange Lanny Joyce’s engagement and and tell the committee which day by 7/24.
Meeting was adjourned at 1:30 pm.
109 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
ph. (607) 255–3715
fx. (607) 255–2182
Hours: 9a - 12:15p, 1p - 4:30p, M - F