Assemblies of the University
A Part of Shared Governance at Cornell
Chartered by the President of the University with delegated authority from the Board of Trustees, the Assemblies serve as advisory bodies to the administration, representing matters of concern and constituent interests to University leadership. The assemblies formally advise the administration and recommend changes to policies through legislative processes articulated in their respective charters. The three constituent assemblies–representing undergraduate students, graduate and professional students, and staff–and the all-constituency University Assembly, along with the Faculty Senate, comprise Shared Governance at Cornell. The fundamental mission of the Assemblies is to obtain extensive involvement of community members in the formulation and review of non-academic policies, recommendations and decisions impacting daily lives on campus.
Find your representatives, learn about the Student Assembly, and how to get involved.
Graduate and Professional Students
Find your representative, learn about the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly, and how to get involved.
News & Updates
- > Resolution 5 : EA R5: In Recognition and Appreciation of Nancy Doolittle
- > Resolution 4 : EA R4: Addition of At-Large Seats for 2019-2020 Term
- > Resolution 3 : EA R3: Transfer of Representation for CU Academic Titleholders
- > Resolution 6 : UA R6: U.A. Resolution # 6 Recognition of Outstanding Support to the AY 2019 Legislative Session
- > Resolution 5 : UA R5: U.A. Resolution #5 Creating an Ad Hoc Budget Planning Advisory Committee
- > Resolution 4 : UA R4: U.A. Resolution # 4 Appointment of University Hearing Board and University Review Board Members for Academic Year 2019-2020
Graduate and Professional Student Assembly
- > Resolution 3 : GPSA R3: In Appreciation of Kris Corda's Leadership and Dedication to the Graduate and Professional Student Community at Cornell University and in Celebration of Her Retirement as Manager of the Big Red Barn
- > Resolution 2 : GPSA R2: Approving Updates to the GPSA Bylaws for the 2018-2019 Term
- > Resolution 1 : GPSA R1: Resolution Approving the GPSA Internal Budget for the 2018-2019 Term
- > Resolution 23 : SA R23: Providing Cornellians with Disabilities Better Representation by Establishing an Organizational Liaison to the Student Assembly
- > Resolution 21 : SA R21: Affirming the Student Assembly & Graduate and Professional Assembly Cornell Health Survey
- > Resolution 20 : SA R20: Establishing a Student Health Advisory Committee