Assemblies of the University
A Part of Shared Governance at Cornell
Chartered by the President of the University with delegated authority from the Board of Trustees, the Assemblies serve as advisory bodies to the administration, representing matters of concern and constituent interests to University leadership. The assemblies formally advise the administration and recommend changes to policies through legislative processes articulated in their respective charters. The three constituent assemblies–representing undergraduate students, graduate and professional students, and staff–and the all-constituency University Assembly, along with the Faculty Senate, comprise Shared Governance at Cornell. The fundamental mission of the Assemblies is to obtain extensive involvement of community members in the formulation and review of non-academic policies, recommendations and decisions impacting daily lives on campus.
Find your representatives, learn about the Student Assembly, and how to get involved.
Graduate and Professional Students
Find your representative, learn about the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly, and how to get involved.
News & Updates
- > Resolution 53 : SA R53: Approving Special Projects Funding Request
- > Resolution 52 : SA R52: Amending Leave of Absence Policies
- > Resolution 51 : SA R51: Donation of the SHAC Funds to the Cornell Student Access Fund
- > Resolution 30 : UA R30: Postponing the University Assembly Organizational Meeting Until All Constituent Groups Have Had the Opportunity to Fill their Seats
- > Resolution 29 : UA R29: Thanking Dean of Faculty Charles Van Loan for Outstanding Service to Shared Governance
- > Resolution 28 : UA R28: Transparency and Accountability into the University’s Process for Certifying Enrollment with the Department of Veteran Affairs
Graduate and Professional Student Assembly
- > Resolution 18 : GPSA R18: Adopting Standing Rules
- > Resolution 17 : GPSA R17: Creating Campus-Aware Criteria for Byline Funded Organizations
- > Resolution 16 : GPSA R16: Conducting Open Elections for Voting Members for 2021-22 Term
- > Resolution 10 : EA R10: Revision and Renaming of The Opperman Award
- > Resolution 9 : EA R9: Enabling EA Election Seats & Terms
- > Resolution 8 : EA R8: Updates to The George Peter Award for Dedicated Service