Employee Assembly Election - Spring 2018
March 28, 2018
All regular full-time and part-time staff members in non-exempt, exempt, or academic non-professorial staff categories who are employed at the Ithaca or Geneva campuses of the university are eligible to run for a seat in this election.
Each person who wishes to be a candidate in these elections, must complete the following requirements before noon on Monday, March 26, 2018:
- Review the open positions and select ONE.
- Review the Election Rules to ensure your eligibility.
- Complete the online registration form.
- Include a 1250 character Candidate Statement
- Attach a photo (or have one taken of you)
- Gather at least 25 Petition Signatures on the Candidate Petition Form
- Attend the mandatory campaign meeting.
- Attend at least one Employee Assembly meeting.
- You are encouraged to apply for at least one Employee Assembly Committee.
- CALS Representative
- Graduate, Law & Johnson Schools Representative
- School of Hotel Administration Representative – filling out a vacancy, one-year term
- Human Ecology Representative
- School of Industrial and Labor Relations Representative - filling out a vacancy, one-year term
- College of Veterinary Medicine Representative
- Alumni Affairs & Development Representative
- Finance, Budget & Planning Representative
- Research, Tech Transfer, and Information Technology Representative
- Student & Campus Life Representative
- University Relations Representative
- Exempt Representative
- Less than 5 Years of Service Representative
- LGBTQ Representative
- Non-Exempt Representative
- Veterans Representative
- Women’s Representative– filling out a vacancy, one-year term
DEADLINE — Candidates have until 12:00PM (noon) on Monday, March 26th to complete the online registration form or submit the following in person to the Office of the Assemblies in 109 Day Hall:
- Full name
- Seat for which you are running
- Net ID
- Personal statement (up to 1,250 characters including spaces)
- Photo (we can take your photo at 109 Day Hall if you prefer)
Employee candidates must:
- work full-time or part-time in a non-exempt, exempt, or academic non- professorial staff category
- work at the Ithaca or Geneva campus
- work in the corresponding academic college/school if seeking those seats, in the corresponding staff unit if seeking those seats, or identify as a member of the corresponding affinity if seeking those seats.
- plan to remain so for the duration of their two-year term.
- Collect at least 25 petition signatures on the approved form
Candidates shall attend a mandatory meeting on Wednesday, March 28th, 2018 at 12:15pm (lunch provided) in KG42 Klarman Hall or send a proxy on their behalf. If they fail to do so, they will be disqualified from the election.
Further information is available at email@example.com, or by calling 607.255.3715