Fall 2020 Code Revisions - Section 10: Notice to Parties of a Formal Complaint
Upon receipt of a timely Formal Complaint, the Director will notify the Complainant and the Respondent, in writing, of the commencement of an investigation and provide both parties with a copy of the Complaint, the Code, and these Procedures. Such notice will:
- identify the Complainant and the Respondent;
- specify the alleged prohibited conduct and its date, time, and location, to the extent known;
- specify the factual allegations pertaining to the prohibited conduct;
- specify any sanctions that may be imposed, including the University’s transcript notation policy;
- identify the investigator appointed by the Director;
- include information about the parties’ respective rights and obligations under the Code of Conduct and these Procedures;
- inform the parties of the availability of alternative dispute resolution and restorative justice processes for resolving complaints;
- inform the parties of their right to seek the assistance of a Counselor/advisor or attorney and a support person for emotional support, all of whom may accompany the respective parties to meetings and proceedings;
- inform the parties of the range of available resources, including mental health and academic support resources;
- explain the prohibition against retaliation; and
- instruct the parties to preserve any potentially relevant evidence, whatever its form.
 See Section 5.
**Please submit comments on the main Fall 2020 Proposed Amendments to the Campus Code of Conduct page.**