The Cornell University Board of Trustees charges the Student Assembly and Graduate and Professional Student Assembly with proposing student activity fees for their respective student bodies on a bi-yearly basis. The assemblies are also responsible for proposing how the fees will be distributed among their constituent student organizations on campus. The proposals must be approved by the University President and Board of Trustees.
Nearly every student organization on campus is funded through a “byline” organization, or an organization that receives a direct portion of the student activity fee which serves as an "umbrella organization" to fund various groups on campus.
The process for setting the fee proposal is outlined in the Student Assembly Charter, mostly in Appendix A and Appendix B.
- Current (2024-2026) Funding Cycle
Organizations interested in starting a new Byline funded organization
- Previous (2022-2024) Funding Cycle
- Previous (2020-2022) Funding Cycle
- Previous Funding Cycle (2018-2020)
- Previous Funding Cycle (2016-2018)
- Previous Funding Cycles Historical Information (2010-2020)